- First 20 people get a FREE gift
- Yummy cupcakes from Sugar Mamas Cakery
- Glitter toes only $20!!
- New jewelry designs
- Items 40-70% off
- Meet jewelry designers!
Thursday, July 30, 2009
Posted by Shar Chavira at 8:02 PM
Wednesday, July 29, 2009
1. What would you love to tell the customers about your line? Ruby Castle Designs is about femininity, creativity and beauty. Several techniques and elements are used with each piece, resulting in a high-quality finish and an intriguing look. Many of the beads used in my designs come from different parts of the world. Any time I travel abroad I search for components that reflect the culture of the area; therefore, the flavor of these pieces is different from anything else you will find in the area. I use the highest-quality materials available, including solid sterling silver, 14k gold-fill, gemstones and Swarovski Crystallized Elements. I attempt to showcase beautiful beads, stones and precious metals in an elegant way, with an occasional touch of whimsy.
2. What do you love most about making your jewelry? Creating jewelry has been an exciting creative outlet for me. I derive immense satisfaction and accomplishment from working with my hands, whether it be gardening, playing the piano or sewing, so making jewelry was a natural extension for me. Seeing the ideas in my head come to fruition in my hands is an amazing feeling.
Posted by Bags That Fit at 11:20 AM
Monday, July 27, 2009
This is Yvette's story...
So to make a long story short i went crazy with all the little extras that come along with girls. I love going to bead stores and gem fairs and see all the amazing beautiful gemstones that you can have endless possibilities with. I let my imagine run and sometimes i have to slow down to be able to sit and let my fingers get working. I feel that my Jewelry really kind of describes me and the person i am...
Posted by Bags That Fit at 8:14 AM
Wednesday, July 22, 2009
My tastebuds are already watering because Sugar Mamas Cakery will be at our Girlie Girl Trunk show with YUMMY cupcakes for everyone! Jewelry, cupcakes and friends...doesn't get any better then that! Remember July 31st from 3-8 pm! Hope to see you there!
Posted by Shar Chavira at 12:15 PM
Monday, July 20, 2009
2. What do you love most about making your jewelry? I love "making things", and I can't seem to get enough of it! I enjoy the whole creation process - from seeing something that sparks an idea, to choosing the materials, to actually making the item - it is so fulfilling. I love to create in 3-dimensions, where you can explore the item through physical touch. I love accents - they captivate your eyes and add that "special something" to whatever they're attached to.
3. Where do you get your inspiration for your jewelry? My main inspiration comes from the beads themselves. I love going to bead fairs, picking up a strand of beautiful beads, and imagining what I could make with them. It is fun looking for beads with unique colors and shapes, and getting flashes of ideas of how I could use them. I also enjoy browsing through books, magazines, and the internet to find fun and current styles and colors to incorporate into my jewelry.
4. When did you start making jewelry and why? I love rocks - I've always loved rocks. I used to sit for hours on the side of a mountain trail, along a river, or by my Grandma's farmhouse driveway looking for that perfectly round and smooth rock. My eyes were always searching for interesting-colored rocks; I especially loved the "peanut butter" ones. I still love going to the "washes" in the Central Utah desert to search for lovely quartz, agate, and jasper rocks to put in my rock garden at home. I guess it's no surprise that when I discovered jewelry-making about six years ago that I fell in love with gemstone beads - they are, after all, rocks! I soon became addicted, and my love of beads spread to all types - glass, wood, ceramic, clay, etc. - I love them all. It is so fun starting with the raw materials (beads) and through the creative process, coming out with a beautiful and unique piece of jewelry.
Posted by Bags That Fit at 10:28 AM
Friday, July 17, 2009
Thursday, July 16, 2009
Hey...I have to say I love your store for a few reasons:1. I love that you are local and that you support local women.2. The stuff in your store is flat out FANTASTIC! I love the bags, jewelry, everything. You manage to be hip without being too trendy. Love the vintage feel.3. Your staff is second to none. Each time I have been there, I have been impressed with the helpfulness and friendliness of those behind the counter. That kind of service is a rarity these days.I am certainly looking forward to the jewelry trunk show. Hopefully we can make a girls day of it!
Posted by Bags That Fit at 8:45 AM
Tuesday, July 14, 2009
Monday, July 13, 2009
Friday July 31st!
Girly Girl Jewelry Trunk Show!
Make plans to bring all your girlfriends for a day of shopping!
Love the girls from,
Bags That Fit
Posted by Bags That Fit at 9:08 AM
Wednesday, July 8, 2009
Posted by Bags That Fit at 12:53 PM
Monday, July 6, 2009
Posted by Bags That Fit at 11:13 AM
Wednesday, July 1, 2009
Posted by Bags That Fit at 12:31 PM